The Welsh National Flying Club Secretary: MR & MRS T HARRIS Pau on 24/06/2016 at 13:00 hrs... PosOpen Name Velocity AFT Distance Ring 1 BWalker&Son,. 675.791 25:31:24 588,27 W13N02558 £60.00 2 JGauvain,. 493.976 35:26:52 596,1662 W13T03447 £40.00 ABCDEFGHIJ £203.25 £243.25
PAU.. LIBERATION NEWS ...Friday 24th June: The weather at Pau is poor with rain at present. There will be no early liberation today. The forecast for tomorrow morning is for heavier rain than today. Sunday morning weather is forecast to be similar to today. Monday does not promise much improvement. It seems likely that there will be no chance of any early liberation for the next three days however the weather seems to be forecasted to be improving each day ,as the day goes on resulting in that . There may be a chance of a liberation early afternoon today. So the news will be updated at 2pm today pau pigeons liberated at 1pm
PLEASE READ ON: The Classic has always taken pride in having, as far as humanly possible, an early morning liberation from Pau ‒ sorry that this has not occurred. There was rain until 10am when the skies brightened. Rain was forecast each morning for the next two days possibly three. My opinion was that, given the forecast,(see below) it would have been extremely unlikely to be able to have an early liberation before Monday at the earliest. With this possibility and, that on each day conditions should improve around mid-day, Nigel and I took the view that the birds should be liberated today as conditions were favourable. We could have been faced with the same weather on Saturday or Sunday and possibly Monday Only hindsight will show whether this was the right option. (Nigel and I agreed that given the wind in the Northern quarter, the leading birds should reach Messac/Fougeres area by nightfall.) The weather forecast summaryFriday Morning ‒ overcast with a 30% chance of rain ‒ uv index of 1 Afternoon – cloudy with a 10% chance of rain ‒ uv index 5‒7 Saturday Morning ‒ overcast with 60% chance of rain ‒ uv index of 1 Afternoon – cloudy with 10% chance of rain ‒ uv index 2-4 Sunday Morning – overcast with 30% chance of rain ‒ uv index 1‒2 Afternoon – cloudy with 10% chance of rain – uv index 4‒7 Monday Morning – cloudy with 10% chance of rain ‒ uv index 3‒4 Afternoon – sunny periods ‒ uv index 7‒9 (The uv index from 1‒11+ is an indication of the ultraviolet light reaching the ground and would indicatethe brightness of the sky.)
just done a phone verification at 4.30 ..no welsh pigeons recorded however the verification rule 2.11 is now in effect ..... 19.25 no birds recorded
21.30 update FIRST BIRD TO BE TIMED INTO WALES B WALKER AND SON OF NEWPORT sat 21.17.24 vel 675.791 J GAUVAIN meardy SUN 13.58.53
After waiting for race rule 2.11 to elapse today ..we can officially announce B WALKER&SON OF NEWPORT as the winners of the Welsh national flying club Pau race 2016 Also congratulations to j John Gauvain for also timing in this afternoon
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.